I often get the question what sort of tracks are currently being hyped. What kind of sound works right now, what is popular and what can we expect for the future? So I decided to list ten of the most popular and hyped tracks of that month, every month. By no means is this list complete, but it can give you some insight into where the popular music styles are headed. So let’s kick off.
1. Hardwell – Retrograde
Old-school big room with a bouncy feel from the big room master himself.
2. Tom & Jame – Get Get Down
Massive rework of this famous classic track supported in many festival sets.
3. DJ Snake & Tchami, Malaa & Mercer – Made In France
Big names deliver big bass house tune. Massive club support.
4. Bart Skils & Weska — Polarize
Some huge drumcode goodness. Driving atmospheric techno with some haunting synths.
5. Mark Knight – The General
This one is in pretty much every single tech-house set of today. And for a reason.
6. Tiësto, Jonas Blue & Rita Ora – Ritual
Commercial Pop / Dance at it’s finest. This one will be all over the radio for the coming months.
7. Avicii – Heaven
Amazing tribute to the great Avicii with his recognizable sounds and melodies.
8. Armin van Buuren & Avian Grays feat. Jordan Shaw – Something Real
Poppy progressive house with a touch of trance. Bringing the summer sounds.
9. Lucas & Steve x Deepend – Long Way Home
Commercial future house with the typical sound of Lucas & Steve. Combining warm and organic sounds with the typical electronic leads.
10. The Chainsmokers, Bebe Rexha – Call You Mine
Future pop from The Chainsmokers, influences of future bass and to top it off, the amazing vocals of Bebe Rexha. This is a win!